David Sparkes (GBR)
• LEN General Secretary since 2012, was Bureau Member and Liaison for the Medical Committee since 2008.
• FINA Bureau Member since 2017, previously member of the FINA Disciplinary Panel.
• CEO of British Swimming between 1994 and 2017, led an organisation with 350 employees and a turnover excessing €45M.
• Oversaw bidding, preparing and delivering the 2016 European Aquatics Championships in London.
• Involved to bidding and organising the 2012 Olympic Games in London.
• Held numerous roles in British sport (including membership of the National Olympic Committee), was advisor besides the Government and the City of London in sport matters.
• Qualified engineer in thermodynamics and fluid mechanics, did post graduate studies in management and became a professional swimming coach and referee.