Please find herewith attached my Manifesto for the upcoming presidential election at FINA.
It consists of the seven drivers listed below and which you can read about in more detail by seeing the attached document.
▪ FINA is not a financial institution with the objective of setting money aside. I want FINA to give all the support possible, including economic support, to the Federations
▪ I will ensure the FINA Development Programme is given a more defined role which will be tailored to positively impact on all Federations
▪ I want Athletes, Teams, Federations and Organisers to feel that events are organised with their collective interest at heart
▪ I will ensure that FINA remains focused on the promotion of aquatic sports worldwide
▪ I will make it a priority to introduce drastic measures to ensure that any type of conflict of interest within FINA is avoided
▪ I will make FINA take a more aggressive and innovative stand in its fight against doping
▪ I feel FINA must capitalise on both the experience and the expertise of the person at the helm of it.
I trust that my Manifesto will gather a large consensus and the National Federation’s support. These will both be necessary to foster together the change that FINA needs for its ever-growing affirmation and an ever-brighter future for our sports.
While feel free to share the document with your audience, and I hope that in the years ahead we will build the future of FINA together.
Yours in sport,
President Ligue Européene de Natation
President of Italian Swimming Federation
Candidate for the FINA Presidency