The LEN Bureau met on Saturday October 15th in Ostia (ITA) at the Italian Swimming Federation Aquatic Center. The key subjects discussed and decisions taken by the Bureau include:
– to hold the next LEN Congress on Saturday May 13th 2017 in Marseille (FRA) hosted by the French Federation.
– to allocate a budget of € 200.000 for 2017 in favor of the smaller European Federations (LEN Development Program). This to provide funding for them to undertake training camps, coach’s education programs and attend some specific events. The details of the program will be worked out in the next weeks.
– to establish a High Diving Working Group.
– to establish an Athlete Commission. The Bureau agreed to invite Camelia-Aline Potec [ROU] to lead on this project.
– in addition, an update on the 2022 European Championships was also given. The process to seek a host city has been kicked off. LEN is working closely with European Athletics on this project as 2022 will be a multisport European Championships to be held ideally in one single location, with possibly up to seven European Federations being involved.
In the afternoon it was also held the Water Polo Calendar Meeting, with strong participation from 18 countries. Within the meeting it was also discussed about Junior Water Polo and Beach Water Polo development.