Preview for Budapest
This year’s LEN Congress takes place in Budapest, Hungary on 2 June. Unlike in the previous years, a full-day programme awaits the delegates on Saturday: the morning will see the traditional part of the Congress with the compulsory elements while the afternoon is set to produce the highlight of the day when the President of the European Parliament Antonio Tajani will meet the LEN Family.
Various meetings are scheduled for Friday (1 June) including calendar meetings of the respective disciplines and the usual gatherings of the different groups of countries – and last but not least the LEN Bureau will also have on official meeting. All these are scheduled for the Hotel InterContinental, the official hotel of the Congress.
Next day, on 2 June, the 2018 LEN Congress will be held in the continent’s new wonder-complex, the Duna Arena where a premium meeting facility shall welcome the delegates.
In the morning session the agenda will be as follows:
- Opening of the Congress, Greetings and Salutations
- Roll Call Confirmation of Delegates and Votes
- Welcome delegates to Budapest
- Appointment of Scrutineers
- Approval of the Minutes of the LEN Congress Marseille 2017
- President’s Report
- Report on Activities by the Bureau
- Financial Report for the Year ended 31 December 2017
- Report of the External and Internal Auditors
- Provisional Budget for 2018 and Projections
- Discharge of the LEN Bureau
- Presentations of Awards
- Election of New Bureau Member/s
- Proposed Rule Changes
- Update on LEN Events
- Information on General Rules and Regulations amended by the Bureau.
Regarding point 13 of the agenda, two new Bureau Members are to be elected to fill the two vacancies we currently have in the Bureau after the resignation of Mr. Ahmet Mazhar Bozdogan (TUR) and Mr. Jerzy Kowalski (POL).
The two new Bureau Members are to be elected among four candidates: Marius Hendrik Gerrit van Zeijts (NED), António José Rocha Martins da Silva (POR), Alexey Vlasenko (RUS), Ivan Varvodic (CRO).
The afternoon session – after a pleasant lunch-break spent on board of a ship, standing next to the Arena – will offer an unprecedented opportunity for the representatives of European Aquatics, that is to meet with European Parliament President Antonio Tajani who accepted the invitation of LEN President Paolo Barelli.
Here is the schedule for the afternoon:
- LEN Family meets Mr. Antonio Tajani, President of the European Parliament
- “Learn to Swim, Prevent Drowning” European project presentation, an initiative aimed at reducing the issue of deaths by drowning.
- Closing Remarks
Another meeting of the LEN Bureau on Sunday morning will close the busy weekend.