The traditional LEN Gala Dinner took place in the magnificent Opera House in Copenhagen where LEN President Paolo Barelli greeted all invited guest, including the representatives of the National Federations, the local organisers, LEN Partners and officials from the LEN Family.
President Barelli thanked for everyone to turn the 19th European Short-Course Swimming Championships into a tremendous success in Copenhagen.
As a recognition for their outstanding contribution, a commemorative LEN Plaque was given to:
– Capital Region (Michael Gatten)
– Sport Event Denmark (CEO Lars Lundov)
– Wonderful Copenhagen (Mads Bang Aaen)
– City of Copenhagen (Allan Nyhas)
– Danish Swimming Federation (Kjeld Egebo Larsen)
and to the LEN Partners
– EBU (Stefan Kurten)
– TYR (Alexandre Caperonis)
– Microplus (Mauro Cedrani)
– Malmsen (Tommy Malmsten)
– MyrthaPools (Trevor Tiffany)
And as a special recognition, Honorary Members Pin were handed over to two long-serving LEN Officials: Kurt Mikkola and Soren Korbo.